Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day 7 & 8: A Step Back?

I had two setbacks these past two days. First, I took a megadose of B12 (for a total of 2,000 mcg) and almost immediately developed new symptoms of anxiety and heart palpitations. Apparently, these symptoms are indicative of a B12 overdose. I'm doing better now, but I had a rough night as a result and I've decided to stop taking B12 in the meantime.

Second, I ate a lot of food that was high in B6 yesterday. I was feeling pretty good at that point, and I was starting to crave B6-rich foods, especially since they typically help me sleep at night and I didn't want another restless night after the B12 overdose. Up till now, I hadn't noticed a correlation between eating B6-rich foods and experiencing toxicity symptoms, but today, I woke up with noticeably worse neuropathy in both arms. This marks the first time that I've woken up feeling worse than I did the day before.

It's possible that the neuropathy worsened for another reason: lack of exercise or lack of B12, for example. I didn't get as much exercise yesterday as I normally do, and I didn't take any B12 (I've heard that B12 helps lower B6). But today, I'm going to eat less B6 and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. B12 deficiency’s do cause neuropathy especially resulting in motor issues and b6 generally do not. I was diagnosed nosed with SFN and b6 toxicity was considered as well as high A1c and b12 deficiency. I had a host of tests done at by four different independent Neurologist also at UCI ALS and MD unit and they all concluded most likely b6 or A1c as my muscle strength and motor functions were not effected. I’d see a Dr. Your self diagnosing May be wrong as you commented on inability to walk due to motor coordination. Very concerning to me. Just trying to be helpf

    ReplyDelete