Monday, October 26, 2015

Warning - Don't Take B6!

If you are thinking about taking a Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) supplement, READ THIS!

I began taking B6 to treat a medical condition in October of 2015. The pills were purchased over the counter at a local health-food store, and there was no warning on the bottle about the adverse effects of B6. The directions simply advised one to take one pill every day, with each pill containing 50mg of B6.

Unfortunately, 50mg is a dangerously high amount of B6. While some people can tolerate it, many people cannot. I am one of the latter group. After about 11 days, I began to experience burning and tingling in my limbs (i.e. neuropathy) and heightened anxiety. After searching the internet, I discovered many other people like myself. Some had taken less B6 (as little as 2mg a day), while others had taken more. In every case, the consequences were months or years of pain and illness.

So if you are considering taking a B6 supplement, keep this in mind: YOU ARE PUTTING YOUR HEALTH AT RISK. Unless you know what you're doing, DON'T DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment