Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Low-B6 Recipes: Rice with Pineapple and Vegetables

Rice with Pineapple and Vegetables
White rice has less B6 than brown rice. I recommend basmati, if you can find it.
  • 1 cup white rice (preferably long-grain)
  • 1/2 cup peas
  • 1 can of pineapple chunks, with juice
  • 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
  • 1/2 cup asparagus, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1. Cook rice according to the instructions.
2. While the rice is cooking, combine the vegetables, the pineapple, the pineapple juice, and the soy sauce in a skillet, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 5-10 minutes.
3. Combine the rice with the vegetables, pineapple, and juice.
4. Add more soy sauce or tamari to taste.
The finished meal

6 comments:

  1. Yum! Any other recipes? I love basmati rice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several more recipes, which I'll be posting every so often. You'll be happy to know that many of them either include basmati or go well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Website. You should think more about RSS Feeds as a traffic source. They bring me a nice bit of traffic
    Organic Arborio white rice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.
    long grain brown rice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude.. I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often. -
    how to cook long grain rice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice post, your blog is interesting and so informative. Wait for your next blog post.
    organic

    ReplyDelete