Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Day 40-60: Neurological Symptoms

Sorry I haven't written here in a while. A couple weeks ago, after eating some B6 foods, I began experiencing serious neurological symptoms. These symptoms are very similar to ALS and MS and are very disruptive. The only way I can describe them is to say that my head feels like a sailboat and my body is the ocean. For a while, it was difficult to walk in a straight line. Since then, I've gotten a bit better, but only by being very strict about my diet.

At this point, I need to be careful, because I can't afford to get any worse. Being bedridden would mean losing my job, and I think that's a real possibility given the experiences that other people have had. I've had two major downturns since the B6 toxicity started. The first gave me severe neuropathy in my arms (which has yet to heal), and the second gave me these neuro-motor symptoms. I don't want to find out what a third downturn will be like, but I imagine it will be horrible.

I was hoping for a speedy recovery from this, but my new hope for recovery is sometime in the next 1-2 years.

3 comments:

  1. I am 7 months in and not much has changed ): hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Some have healed in only a year or so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you feeling? Is it getting any better? I was told by the neurologist that B6 toxicity is not made worse by food only by the synthetic kind of vitamin B6 but I do feel worse when I eat certain produce such as salmon or kale and have therefore stopped eating them. I unfortunately do not see any improvement after 2 months off the vitamin B6. Lots of throbbing in my feet and hands. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neurological symptoms have gotten MUCH better over the past couple weeks! Food definitely has a big impact on how I feel. That's why I've been very careful about what I eat lately.

      Delete